Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Japan 1 - America 0

According to the latest research (conducted by me), Japan is the cleanest country in the world. Pretty much every square inch of this country would make anywhere in America look like a garbage dump. The Japanese are incredibly committed to a clean country, and you can see the results everywhere you look.

From my experiences alone, I have seen on multiple occasions a person cleaning the streets and sidewalks. They literally will get on their hands and knees and scrub the ground to try and take off dirt, gum, or whatever else may be there. I have seen it in Roppongi Hills in Tokyo, I have seen it in Osaka, and even on my school’s campus here in Hirakata. Everyday you see the cleaning crew out sweeping up any debris on the street and sidewalk. They even sweep the grass areas for leaves that have fallen – this country is amazing.

I have never seen anything like this in America. I personally believe that Japan’s cleanliness stems from their incredibly hard work ethic, and there sense of community. I believe that this kind of mentality was present in America some fifty or sixty years ago, but it has disappeared. I really hope America can take adopt these values from Japan.

No comments: